Access Statement Whitecroft Farm B and B
Whitecroft Farm Bed & Breakfast
Our home is set in the heart of rural Somerset and offers B & B four-star accommodation with three guest rooms. The house is a working small holding and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests, there are some features, which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. All our guest bedrooms are on the first floor; we do not have a chairlift at present for those who have difficulty climbing stairs. There is one step into the house at the main entrance and is therefore not suitable for wheelchair users. However, we can provide ramp access to the back door if required.
- We are located on the A37 south of Shepton Mallet opposite the back entrance to the
- Bath and West Showground. This is the main road through the village and access to our farm is via our main gate. Our location in Somerset is fairly peaceful as the A37 is not particularly busy during the day, although there is a little more traffic at peak hours of the day and during the holiday period.
- The nearest general store and post office are approximately one mile away from the house along with the main shopping centre in Shepton Mallet
- The nearest railway station is Castle Cary which is approximately 5 miles away. Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- There are local taxi companies; we can make advance bookings for you.
- We have livestock and regret that we are therefore unable to accommodate dogs.
- Our information pack and menus can be provided in large print if required. We do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Our website, www.whitecroft-bandb.co.uk, provides pictures of our guest accommodation and information about our services.
- You can contact us by telephone, email or post. Please see the “Contact Information” section for complete details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can welcome you on your arrival.
- We request our guests to arrive after 4.00pm so that the guest accommodation is ready.
- Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by prior arrangements.
- The entrance to the car park is to the front of the house and is signposted. A paved path runs from the gravel area to the front door.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- There is one step of 15cm up to the front door & then a 10cm step over the rim of the
- double glazed door surround.
- The front door is normally open but we request you to please ring the bell on your arrival.
Guest Accommodation – Public Areas
- The Front door leads into a vestibule, which leads into the guest dining area and guest lounge
- The staircase is located in the vestibule, which divides the house between the dining area & the guest lounge.
- The staircase has14 stairs with one hand rail. The staircase has open wooden treads, which are partially carpeted.
- Our guest accommodation is on the first floor (please see “Bedrooms” section for more information).
- The house is centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
Lounge and Dining Room
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge at any time.
- The lounge has one leather sofa, and two leather arm chairs. Straight back chairs can be brought from the dining area but space is limited. This room has a television, video and a radio/CD player. The television is attached to a digi-box and free Wi-Fi access is available for those who wish to connect to the Internet.
- A selection of local information leaflets, maps, videos and books of general interest are available in the lounge, vestibule and dining room.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room.
- All three bedrooms are on the first floor. They have hard wood original flooring which is partially carpeted.
- There are en-suite facilities in all the rooms consisting of a shower, WC and wash basin.
- Tea and coffee facilities are provided.
- All rooms have remote-controlled colour televisions with built in DVD players.
- We also provide a hairdryer, additional pillows, blankets and a hot water bottle in each room.
- Electric heaters are available on request if required.
- Our beds are made with synthetic duvets.
- We are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred. Please specify, before your arrival, if required.
- There is a wardrobe, a bedside table and one or two chairs in each room.
- There is a guest information folder in each bedroom, which contains details of the residence, and emergency contact numbers including doctors and hospitals in Somerset.
Bedroom 1 (The family room)
- Bedroom 1 is at the top of the stairs, first on the left
- This room has a 5ft double bed with access from both sides and one 3ft single bed which can only be accessed from one side.
- The room has a skirting board radiator system that is thermostatically controlled.
- The en suite room has a shower cubicle, toilet & hand basin. The floor is linoleum and there is a ladder radiator which provides heating.
- Bedroom 2 is to the left and the second door at the top of the stairs.
- This room provides a 3 foot single bed. The room has a skirting board radiator system that is thermostatically controlled.
- The en suite room has a shower cubicle, toilet & hand basin. The floor is linoleum and there is a ladder radiator to provide heating.
- Bedroom 3 is to the right at the top of the stairs.
- This room has two 3 foot single beds which can only be accessed from one side.
- The room has 1 radiator that is thermostatically controlled.
- The en-suite room has a shower cubicle, toilet & hand basin. The floor is linoleum and there is a ladder radiator to provide heating.
- We have large gardens laid to lawn, a patio area, flowerbeds and fruit trees.
- Guests are welcome to relax in the garden at any time.
- Access to the garden is via the front door.
- There is a side gate to access the front lawn; to the rear of the house we have two paddocks. Our free range hens roam “free” all day.
- We have a stable block to the west of the house.
- Our main access points, corridors and landing are equipped with smoke detectors. There is a fire extinguisher in all of our rooms with an escape ladder attached to the rear bedroom balcony. There is a powder fire extinguisher and a fire blanket in the kitchen.
- In the event of a fire, the smoke detectors will emit a loud siren and we will blow whistle. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- The building can be evacuated through the front door using the main staircase from the bedrooms or through the front door via the guest lounge or dining room.
- We do not permit smoking in the house but you may smoke in our garden away from the windows.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise
- us of these before your arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medicines.
- Mobile phone reception at the house is good.
- Address: Whitecroft Farm, Pylle, Somerset. BA4 6ST.
- Telephone/fax number: is 01749 838692. When we are not available, there is an
- answer machine.
- Mobile Phone: for text messages 077787076633
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.whitecroft-bandb.co.uk
We are open throughout the year If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide, please do not hesitate to contact us.